Facts About Grease Traps and the Importance of Regularly Scheduled Cleanings.
The facts are simple.
- It is mandatory that every restaurant and commercial food service establishment (FSE) in the greater New Orleans, LA area have an interior and/or exterior grease trap or grease interceptor within their plumbing system.
- Grease traps and grease interceptors are installed for the purpose of collecting fats, oils, grease, and food solids (FOG) prior to being discharged into the city’s sanitary sewer system.
- Over time, if FOG freely discharges into the city’s sanitary sewer system it will cause blockages, sanitary sewer backups, and unwanted sewer overflows. Yuck!
- A grease trap and/or grease interceptor should be inspected annually, and cleaned (at minimum) every 90 days OR at 25% FOG discharge into the city’s sanitary sewer system.
- FOG discharging can result in fines by the Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans. And even worse, the S&WBNO has authority to disconnect a restaurant and/or commercial food establishment’s water for not adhering to New Orleans FOG Ordinance 16.5. ( Click here to learn more about FOG Ordinance 16.5.)
New Orleans Grease Trap Cleaning Provides Comprehensive Solutions for Grease Trap Cleaning and Used Cooking Oil Recycling.
- Value and Price. Initially, we will evaluate your grease trap or grease interceptor for unit size. This will allow us to provide a proper pricing estimate.
- Scheduling that works. We’ll schedule your grease trap cleaning service on a date and time that best works for your business. Often times a grease trap will be located inside of a food service establishment, and it’s critical to clean this unit outside of normal business hours to avoid losing business to smell, pump noise, and hose placement.
- Manifest records. At the end of your service a New Orleans Grease Trap Cleaning tech will provide you with a grease waste manifest that outlines the FOG profile of your unit at the time of service. We will also provide each customer with images (before/after) at each service ensure a job well done. (Need a FOG inspection? It’s free to recurring customers.)
- Invoice or Payment? Payment is normally due at the time of service, but we do work with numerous recurring customers on payment terms. If your service is not recurring, then payment will be due at the time of service.
Got questions? Need solutions? Contact us via one of the means below.