Sadie Grace Andrews drowns in Auburn , Alabama grease trap.
A 3 year old little girl from the Auburn, Alabama area fell through the lid of a grease trap at an ice cream parlor and drowned on Saturday October 14, 2017. Little Sadie Grace Andrews was reportedly playing with siblings at Bruster’s Real Ice Cream parlor off E University Dr and fell through one of the manhole cover openings. Known as an avid little Alabama fan, Sadie will always be remembered for her sweet, joyful, and loving demeanor.
Being the owner of a New Orleans based grease trap and cooking oil recycling company, I must say this story really hits home. More importantly, it reiterates the importance of always checking (and then double checking) grease trap lids to ensure they are closed properly and secure.